County Corrections Division
P.O. Box 1240
Columbiana, Alabama 35051
Phone: (205) 669-3938
Fax: (205) 669-3868
General Rules of the Shelby County
- No item or substance harmful to self or
others will be allowed.
- No smoking or tobacco product, whatsoever,
is permitted anywhere inside the jail.
- Any inmate involved in a criminal activity
inside the jail WILL be prosecuted.
- Messages will not be delivered to inmates
unless it is an absolute emergency.
Personal Possessions Allowed in the
Shelby County Jail
- Wedding bands are the only jewelry allowed.
- Only battery powered headset radios are permitted.
- No more than 5 books, including a Bible, will be allowed
in each cell.
it is an emergency, all medical and dental care is administered
by the jail clinic. Our healthcare provider will refer inmates
with more special needs to the appropriate healthcare facility.
Inmate Phone System
- Inmate phones will be turned on at 8:00am
and off at 10:00pm each day.
currently provides the inmate phone system. Should you have
any questions or problems they can be contacted at the number